Inside, our headline feature is a first-person account of the Carrier Classic experience by Capt. James Covington, a Tar Heel graduate in the Marines who explains what it meant to the military to have Tar Heel basketball on board the USS Carl Vinson. Other features include a profile of baseball closer Michael Morin, plus Amy Hoots tries to learn the art of hitting in softball.
This month’s columnist topics include:
- Jawad Williams on the depth of the Carolina family
- Woody Durham on the return of assistant football coaches Randy Jordan and Gunter Brewer
- Lee Pace on the mechanics of installing the new up-tempo offense preferred by Larry Fedora
- Mike Ingersoll on the unsung heroes in the equipment room
- Jones Angell on the key three-pointers in Carolina basketball history